I once visited a relative in an assisted living facility; he smoked so we sat outdoors on the patio with the other smokers. An elderly man walked up and sat down beside me, but instead of a cigarette, he sipped a cup of coffee. He was very friendly and as we talked, he told me that the doctor had advised no coffee or caffeine because it was bad for his heart. “But I enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning,” he said. He said that the nurse on duty would fuss at him if she saw him with a morning coffee, so to avoid any conflict; he hid out with the smokers. I thought about that gentleman recently and I wondered how much coffee is consumed daily. After browsing the web, I came up with some interesting facts about Americans and coffee.
The amount of caffeine in coffee does pose certain health risks to certain individuals. You should always talk to your doctor before making any dietary or lifestyle changes.
- Within the U.S., 64% of adults report drinking at least one cup of coffee on an average day.
- Approximately 150 million Americans drink 400 million cups of coffee per day -- or more than 140 billion cups per year -- making the United States the leading consumer of coffee in the world.
- Moreover, 26% of U.S. coffee drinkers consider themselves addicted to coffee, reports Gallup. Yet just 10% want to cut back.
- The average American office worker drinks about 20 cups of coffee per week, which equals 1040 cups per year. Over an entire career (from age 18 to age 60), a typical employee will drink about 47,840 cups of coffee.
- The average price consumers are paying for a cup of coffee across all restaurant categories (quick and full service) is $2.99
- At Starbucks, the country’s most well-known coffee chain, customers pay between $1.95 and $2.15 for a 12-ounce brewed coffee, depending on the location.
- Preparing coffee at home will save you nearly $427 per year compared to buying coffee from gourmet coffee shops.
The trends show that the majority of Americans love coffee. Some folks do not mind paying extra for a premium cup of coffee; others will choose to save a few bucks and brew coffee at home. Some individuals in the workforce will use 20 cups per week, and others enjoy a small cup on the patio with their smoking friends.
Author: Presto Reviews
High-Quality Reviews, Real-life Experience!
college-party-guide One of the most important rituals for students in college is to throw the most memorable student dorm celebration.ReplyDelete